One of the world’s favourite pastimes is reading on the Beach. It is a time in our life, where we push our toes into the sand, enjoy the sun, and absorb a zen moment of recreation and revitalization. Yes sitting down on a beautiful day with a great book, is one of life’s simplest pleasures.
Lists of good reads are always available. Just google “must reads” or “classics that must be read”, or my favourite – books that should be on your bucket list are pretty easy to find. We can also search by genres’, romance, westerns, american or french literature, self help, business advice etc., There is a plethora of books that will meet your fancy. With ebooks the world is a simple read in an ipad. You don’t need to carry around those soft or hard cover hunks of paper. The ipad has only one limitation – your battery life.
Here are some “must reads” courtesy of Snowbird Travel USA:
- “The Alchemist” by Paulo Coelho – a classic tale of self-discovery and the pursuit of one’s dreams
- “The Great Gatsby” by F. Scott Fitzgerald – an American novel about love, excess, and tragedy
- “Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen – a timeless love story about societal expectations and the human heart
- “The Beach” by Alex Garland – a thrilling adventure story set on a mysterious island paradise
- “Wuthering Heights” by Emily Brontë – a sweeping and intense tale of love and revenge set against the rugged moors of England
- “The English Patient” by Michael Ondaatje – a beautiful and evocative tale of love, loss, and the aftermath of war
- “The Picture of Dorian Gray” by Oscar Wilde – a classic story of vanity and the corrupting influence of power and fame
- “One Hundred Years of Solitude” by Gabriel García Márquez – a sweeping epic about a family and the magical town they call home
- “The Lord of the Rings” by J.R.R. Tolkien – a fantasy classic and an epic journey through a magical and dangerous world
- “The Divine Comedy” by Dante Alighieri – a classic work of literature and a journey through the afterlife
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas – a story of revenge
- Crime and Punishment by Dostevsky – a simple murder done on the premise that it was justified for the betterment of mankind
- The Godfather by Mario Puzo – a story of family, crime, and the ultimate revenge
- Wise Guys – Nicholas Pileggi – a story of crime and how no one can really keep a secret
- The world according to Garp – John Irving – a interesting tale of a middle class US family
- Everything Stephen King and Mark Twain. Two of America’s greatest authors.
Have Fun! And Don’t forget – the Snowbird Helpline is always available – snowbirdaccidents.com